Wednesday, September 19

skincare loves

I have been on a mission the last few months to find the perfect skincare routine. I spent most of my teen years battling damaged and oily skin and never really evolved my routine as I grew older. 
But lately, I've noticed signs of aging. My skin has started appearing dull and my wrinkles are becoming more and more obvious.
I have nothing against aging, but I'd rather go as gracefully as possible. So I spent several months and lots of dollars experimenting with thick, goopy eye creams and ultra drying scrubs. But nothing improved.
After a visit to Sephora, a skin expert informed me that what my skin really needs is moisture. Moisture is the best wrinkle prevention and keeps the skin looking fresh and youthful.
After months of trying many (free, generously sized) samples from various brands, I found my perfect trilogy.
My skin has never felt or looked so good!
 
skin

 
 
I first apply Ole Henriksen Visual Truth eye cream under my eyes. I learned that instead of swiping a big glob side to side like a windshield wiper motion, it is ideal to press just a small amount of cream into the under eye area. Then I apply Clarins HydraQuench moisturizer generously. I love the texture of this moisturizer, it’s very smooth, light, and actually feels cool. I finish off with a spritz of Ole Henriksen African Red Tea face mist.
Face mist (or toner) is new to me. I'd previously used it in acne treatments, but this is entirely different. I applied moisturizer to my entire face, and then spritzed mist on one side of my face only. I could not believe the difference. It felt like the mist activated the moisturizer even more, and my skin was able to soak up double the moisture.
I’ve been using these three products exclusively for about two weeks now, and I couldn’t be happier. If you’re looking for skincare solutions, definitely give these a try, or visit your local Sephora and ask for samples to find the right skincare for you. J

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding your skincare routine! That is really challenging and time consuming. You have to wait to see if each new product really works or not. I learned for myself, facials are key for me. I go every 6-8 weeks. And I use the Dermalogica line of products. I swap in/out the nightly moisturizer depending on the time of year (thicker in winter, lighter in summer). I also learned for myself, natural products are the worst for me. For some reason I break out like crazy with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting... I had tried some natural lines and did like some of them, but they don't seem to seep in to my skin very well.
      I haven't had a facial in...four years? Maybe five? I might need to do something about that.

      Delete