Monday, September 17

architect

 
It's hard picking favorites, but today, I think my favorite Anniversary Sale piece is this dress. It's comfortable, chic, and simple. Perfect for a Monday! I have a lot of remixing ideas for this dress, but I like wearing it simply too.
 
I found out this weekend that my personal shopper at Nordstrom is moving stores. I'm incredibly happy for her, but very, very sad for me. I've worked with her for four years and I'm going to miss her. Although, she is only three hours away now, and in my opinion, she's worth every mile of the drive. :)
 
I've had some people ask me about shopping with a stylist. I'm perfectly capable of shopping on my own, but there's something special about having that second opinion. She gave me a better, more well rounded perspective on myself, pushed me out of my comfort zone, yet at the same time kept me realistic. Lauren spoiled me rotten, and completely changed my perspective on shopping, and most importantly, customer service. Here's to you and your exciting future!
 
Dress|Trina Turk, Shoes|Michael Kors, Ring|Nordstrom

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully Lauren will hand you over to an incredible new shopper who will bring fresh ideas and looks for the person you are becoming now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did, but I totally plan on seeing her once or twice a year. She's that good.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Comment on using a personal shopper. What let you to one? Is it free? I always think of using one (in my dreams) but also think that if I go in with a low, but real to me amount to spend, (say $200- $250) I will get an eye roll.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, sorry its taken me so long to respond! I have a Nordstrom card so stylists are complimentary. You can pay for your card at the register after you charge it, which is the only reason I got it.
      When I first met Lauren, I was new to shopping and she was new to styling. She was great at asking lots of questions, so I felt comfortable setting my priorities and budget up front.
      Contact your local store and set an appointment. Explain your lifestyle and style, and they will find a good match for you. When you meet your stylist for the first time, explain your budget and they will work with you. Nordstrom has exceptional service no matter how much one spends.
      Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous new dress. At first I thought it was a two piece because of the white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I wasn't so sure of it on the hanger for that reason.

      Delete