Monday, August 20

perfect additions


I've been trying (and trying) not to buy any more summer pieces because I personally love fall, and it's almost here (well, two months more here). But for my last trip up to Seattle I decided I needed to finally break down and get a proper denim jacket. I love having a denim jacket in my closet because it is the easiest way to dress down my otherwise dressier closet.

Then while in Seattle, I stopped into TJMaxx with my family one day (their store is much better than mine...I've noticed these types of stores change regionally) and I found the exact necklace I'd drooled over through the glass of a Nordstrom jewelry case. Eighty five dollars off felt like a steal, and I'm so excited to incorporate this funky piece into my closet. Year 'round, too!


Dress|J Crew (last seen here), Jacket|American Eagle, Necklace|TJMaxx, Sandals|Sam Edelman

5 comments:

  1. OBSESSED with your new necklace!!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is fabulous and you're right, the stores do vary by region. I always find the best pieces when we go to back to Tennessee!

    P.S. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, it's good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that exact jacket-- love it! Actually, I wore a very similar outfit just a few days ago (colorful flower dress and denim jacket).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how when you're looking for one thing you find the other thing that you almost had given up on. I suspected for a long time that similar items are priced differently depending upon where you shop and live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find with the necklace, it's a fun looking piece! And nice denim jacket. I really need to add one of these cropped one's to my closet.

    ReplyDelete