Wednesday, July 25

happy anniversary


The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is fully underway, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to share a few of the items that caught my eye before everything sells out.
I went to the Sale with an open mind, but tried to stay on track. I didn’t want to get everything I liked just because it was on sale. I treat this like any other shopping trip (otherwise I could go cuh-ray-zay).

I aim to replace worn out staples (black skinny pants!) as well as to find a few signature pieces to keep a relatively minimal wardrobe somewhat interesting.

I really loved the variety of tops, blouses, and jackets this year. Lots of great prints, colors, and even textures. That tweed jacket really wants to be mine, but I had to leave it behind.

Bottoms were not as interesting to me, but if you don’t have a leather skirt, now would be the time to get one. I did find a great black dress (no, you cannot have too many) with white detailing. I love the mod 60s vibe!

Shoes and accessories were underwhelming in general, but I did manage to grab a great pair of pumps. There were a few bags I liked, but sadly the one pictured is just too big for my every day. If you love big bags, you must check it out!

Probably my favorite piece is a citron topper. Completely out of left field, but I’m excited to pair it with my primarily neutral closet.

What is your favorite piece from NAS? Did you even shop the sale?

3 comments:

  1. Love the citron topper! Can't wait to see how it works with so many different things. I'm sure it will be worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I want that black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also shopped NAS. And I was disappointed in the bottoms selection this year. None of the jeans on sale were working out for me. I did score the same turquoise blazer that Angie's client/model has from Vince Camuto and I just ordered the red top to pair with it after seeing her post. I also picked up the Only Mine Cashmere sweater with the zipper back detailing and some core pieces (PJ's, etc) that I replace every year during the sale.

    ReplyDelete