Friday, June 29

short end


I'm sure I'm breaking some sort of fashion "rules". I probably "shouldn't" wear shorts, and I definitely need a pump to lean me out. But lately I've tried to be more balanced between what is "right" and what I enjoy and what makes practical sense.

I'm 30, I don't have a model figure, but I'm wearing shorts. Because it's summer in Austin, Texas.

It's so easy to get stuck on what you can't or shouldn't do, and quite honestly, that took the fun out of style for me. If you enjoy it and it makes you happy, by all means. I do try to keep my lifestyle and body type in mind of course, but I don't let my own limited view of myself box me in.

What rule do you break?


Top|Zara, Shorts|7FAM, Sandals|Sam Edelman, Watch|Michael Kors, Sunnies|Ray Ban

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:49 AM

    You are rocking those shorts! I have the same issue when it comes to what I 'should' wear, and what I want to wear. It's a shame that they can't ever seem to meet and make sense when it comes to my style. Honestly, sometimes comfort just wins out! And that is perfectly okay, whether our OCD fashion rules agree or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I think you are only breaking hearts in shorts....because you're married! Gal, you look gorgeous. I miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute and comfy looking outfit; perfect for scorching summer days. I love the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear those shorts and wear them proud! Your outfit is adorable and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lifes too darn short to follow the rules to the letter. I personally think you look absolutely fabulous in these shorts. Heck, I'm told to wear 'A-lines' and I feel rather ridiculous and frumpy in them. I have hips - no matter how skinny, I have hips. But, I've learnt to love them and live with 'em and turn a blind eye to the rules 90% of the time.

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:03 PM

    I see no reason you can't wear shorts as long as they are not too tight...that rule applies to everyone else too! You look great and I really like seeing you in flat sandals too.

    Lynn in NC

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous! Are you crazy??? When you are 60 or 70 you'll wish you never held yourself back in your "younger" years. I'm 50 now and if I want to rock shorts because it's hot, I will! Perhaps I don't look as good as I did when I was 20, but I am more confident as a person and that shows through in everything I wear. You are darling, hold your head high!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments! Leslie, you rock. Thank you for sharing your wisdom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ginny8:30 AM

    Rules were made to be followed and be broken, I think you are adorable in polka dotts, shorts and flat sandals. Still look pulled together, no doubts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is the cutest outfit!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete