Wednesday, June 20

mint + coral


I always love when Kristina at Pretty Shiny Sparkly introduces a new challenge in the Bloggers Do It Better series. It's really fun to see how so many different bloggers interpret the inspiration.

The latest is a look inspired by mint and coral. I don't have a lot of either color in my closet, in fact, what you see is what I have. I've worn this coral blouse quite a bit lately (here and here) and had just picked up this bag at Target last week. (Can't beat a fresh summer bag for $17.98!) I initially planned on pairing the top with black out of habit, and then thought how nice it would be to have a white skirt to make it just a little more summery.

And then it hit me...I have a white dress. That's another thing I love about these BDIB challenges. It gets me to think outside the box in ways I probably never would have.

If you have time, go check out all of the other submissions!


Dress|BCBG, Top|Tucker, Pumps|Michael Kors, Bag|Target, Belt|Via Spiga, Jewelry|Michael Kors, Nordstrom, Target, Harolds



12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the subtle integration of mint into the outfit....love that it catches the eye but doesn't scream at you. It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is gorgeous! Love your interpretation of mint & coral!

    Mix and Match Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spin on this challenge...super cute! Just discovered your blog..Now following :-)

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you paired a dress with the blouse - I would never have guessed! The combo is gorgeous, and I am in LOVE with that aqua & white bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely look! The way you styled the coral and mint together looks great :)

    Seize the Styles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I love ALL of this! The dress, the shirt over top, the bag, the shoes, the bracelets, and your haircut is adorable... pls don't find me creepy, but your face is just lovely too!

    Best, Whitley at the Queen City Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that top.. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all are so kind! Can't wait for a spare moment to check our your submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Bag!!!! I die for the bag! (I'm a purse hoarder according to my husband) Such a sweet sophisticated look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore that skirt! Beautiful! I love that this series pushes you to think of new outfits...I'm gonna have to check it out next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah,

    What a nice find your blog has been for me on a grey, wet and cold South Arican winter morning.

    Gorgeous outfit. Your skirt totally rocks. I am quite smitten with the color coral at the moment and that top is gorgeous. Love the mint in the bangle as well.

    Hope your weekend is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp!!! This skirt/dress is phenomenal-the details make me die. And you styled it perfectly with the mint purse and nude heels!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete