Wednesday, May 16

top five

Someone recently asked me if I were to be stranded on a desert island, what five makeup products would I take with me? I came up with


Nars Sheer Matte Foundation
I love how creamy yet light this foundation looks and feels. It has great coverage, but doesn’t look cakey or thick at all. I had been using a Makeup Forever foundation, but after a few months of use I noticed my skin was looking and feeling on the dull side. I’ve been using this Nars foundation for two months now, and I’m still very happy with it!

Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder
I absolutely love this powder. It sets my foundation perfectly and removes shine, but doesn’t dull my complexion at all. And best of all, a little goes a long way! I use the pale yellow shade.


Nars Blush in Gilda
Hands down, Nars makes my favorite blushes. I have a handful, but right now my favorite shade is Gilda. A perfect orangey peach color that layers nicely over Nars Douceur blush that I use for contouring.


If I could only take one shadow, it would be this just-darker-than-nude shade. I love how elegant it looks when worn alone in the crease, or with my bright white Chanel cream shadow. It’s also the shade I use to fill in my brows. A twofer!

And lastly, it has to be mascara. Even on “no makeup” days, I always wear one coat of mascara. My favorite is L’Oreal Voluminous False Lash mascara. It makes my lashes look much thicker and I love the wand for application. It’s long wearing, but easy to take off with makeup remover at the end of the day. Unlike some others I’ve tried recently.

What products make your list?

2 comments:

  1. I also love MAC Wedge Eyeshadow! I'd also take Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It's the only thing I've found to keep my eye shadow from migrating during the humid days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC has the best eye shadow colors, and they really do last all day especially with a primer underneath.

    ReplyDelete