Tuesday, April 24

this is it


When I got hired on at this job, I was hired on as part time. I was looking for full time, but my hope was that if I could find a job I enjoy, maybe a full time position would open eventually. When it did, six weeks after I started, I applied and I got it! I'm so excited, and as a congrats to myself, I went shopping. ;) I saw this dress and immediately knew it was the one.

I love the patterns and colors, but most of all, the flattering shape. I usually stick to sheath or a-line style dresses, and I admit this was as pleasant surprise.

And it's so comfortable and perfect for our brutal summers.


Dress|Marc by Marc Jacobs, Shoes|Michael Kors, Bracelet|Ann Taylor, Sunnies|Ray Ban, Ring|Harolds

10 comments:

  1. Out of the dresses you've been posting lately, this is realy my favorite. The shape is oh so flattering on you and I adore that black detail around the waistline. Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I bought a dress yesterday, too, so- yes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! That dress! Those heels!! I don't know which is more perfect! Okay, okay, they are BOTH so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is amazing, very nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Gorgeous! Can you do a post sometime (you may have already) about how to afford designer pieces? You've made mention of liking expensive things, and obviously everyone has a different budget, but I get the feeling you make very deliberate choices and therefore can buy the nicer things...like you don't fall prey to buying the cheap stuff at Target and save for nicer things...a lesson I could stand to learn! Just wondered if you have some tips, bc I always buy cheap instant gratification type stuff and never have anything that will last more than one season 80 % of the time. Your clothes seem to cost more but the cost per wear is probably in the pennies as you buy investment pieces. Any tips?Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. Love the cut and the pattern. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know that you are it when you can wear a dress like this like you do. So fabulous and chic love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments! Anon, that's a great idea! I'll work on a post for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, this dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I especially like the sleeve on this dress.

    ReplyDelete