Thursday, January 19

the price of cheap


I love a good sale, don't get me wrong, but it really is true that you get what you pay for. Some people give me a hard time for having "expensive taste", and maybe I do. But I get so frustrated when I buy things of less quality and THIS happens -



- and after just one wear, too! I wore this once, then folded it and put it up in my closet with the rest of my sweaters. When I pulled it out to wear it yesterday, I found not one, not two, but three holes! And not on seams! I read the reviews of this sweater and others had warned of this happening, but I'd only experienced severe pilling from this brand (Gap) before.
I don't mind buying things cheaply for one season, but not for one wear! This sweater's cost per wear was $30!

And I'm sad because I loved it. Sniff.

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, friend. Very disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Bring it back to the store and write an email to customer service! That is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Take it back....you can return items that have quality issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's too bad! It's such a cute sweater and the color is great. If you still have the receipt, I'd try to take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure moths haven't eaten through the sweater? When I lived in the mountains of Vermont, I had to throw out all my sweaters after discovering a moth infestation. Since, I've learned all about airing out and freezing my knits to kill moth and moth larvae.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a Gap close so you can take this back. I also buy things for a season some times, but never for a day, how frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when that happens! Even if the garment is cheap, you'd expect better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - I would have brought it back though. If the store doesn't find out about it, they wonder why they've lost shoppers. Even emailing after the fact - just an FYI email is good. I had one amazing company send me 3 new bras when I emailed them to tell them that my underwire broke (the bra was fine) and I couldn't find my size in the store - I asked them if they could send me a list of stores to look at. Companies know that consumers connect in so many ways now and customer service is KING. The company I'm talking about is "Olga Bras" from Wonderbra.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Yes, those absolutely look like moth holes...... If that sweater has any wool in it, it is a result of moths. You should check your other sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments! The sweater is cotton, and the rest of mine are fine. I no longer have the receipt, sadly. Other reviewers online have have had the same thing happen. Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:39 AM

      Receipt should not matter.....you will at least get a credit for the last price marked in the store.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Oh no... I bought that sweater too! (I loved the colour). Fingers crossed that it doesn't develop holes.

    ReplyDelete