Friday, December 9

chunky




'Tis the season for chunky sweaters. Are you wearing them? Chunky sweaters typically don't suit my style. They are generally casual, and quite often not tailored and don't have a close fit.

But sometimes I make exceptions to my own rules. What makes this work for me is that the sweater is balanced with the chunkier boot and separated by slim jeans.

I never spend much on chunky sweaters because they aren't staples for my closet. Or my climate. Thankfully, 'tis the season Gap basically gives away sweaters. If they aren't on sale today, they will be tomorrow.

But yesterday they were buy one get one free in-store. :-O

Happy weekend!


Jeans|J Brand, Sweater and top|Gap, Boots|Lucky Brand, Watch|Michael Kors, Lips|Nars Carthage

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Sarah may I ask you a style question? I see that you frequently cuff the bottoms of your skinnies. Do you do this just for the photos to show the shoes you're wearing, or do you wear them this way? Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally cuff *these* skinnies because they are not full length on me. I have to cuff them to hit the "sweet spot".
    Other skinnies I have, like my black ones, are long enough to be worn un cuffed, so I generally leave them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, this sweater works great like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it! I was THIS CLOSE to going into the Gap yesterday to make a return. I'm going to check it out today. I've been looking for a good chunky sweater.

    I love this outfit on you! The blue skinnies are so awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your denim! Very cool!

    The fit of the sweater looks good too!

    - Justine
    luckeysgoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete