Wednesday, November 16

record

I mentioned the other day that I was hoping to hit a personal record on two lifts last night. I set a record for my back squat at 170#, but couldn't pass my 185# deadlift. It's still a record by 10 pounds, so I'll take it. My squat is a 15# increase.
It's finally happening, and it makes me very happy. :)
I was running late yesterday, so at the last minute I decided against washing my hair and opted for a day two (or three) style. I applied my dry shampoo and then sectioned my hair in two sections. I took the section from my bangs back to the crown, and pinned it aside. I pulled the rest of my hair into a ponytail. Then I took sections of the "mohawk" area and teased and sprayed from back to front. Then I combed over the top to smooth it out and gathered that hair with the existing ponytail, and rubber banded both sections together to make my ponytail...with attitude. Let me know if visuals would be more useful, and I can get on that. :D
Jacket: Rag and Bone, Blouse: Nordstrom, Pants: Gap, Shoes: Nine West, Earrings: Express

9 comments:

  1. Great look! I think I love that jacket more every time I see it -- you make it so versatile.
    Love the pony with attitude, too. I'm looking for some ways to extend time between washings as we head into this colder, dryer season. Might have to give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very simple but chic outfit and love the 2nd or 3rd day hair : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just learned to do the poof pony and I LOVE it. I've always loved it on other people but only figured out how to do it (exactly the same as you) a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh yeah - a visual tutorial would be great. I love that extra body/vavoom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna try this hairstyle ASAP! Love the clean lines of this outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'll get on a tutorial after Thanksgiving.
    I was frustrated for so long because my hair is so thin, and I couldn't get a decent poof, so this trick made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree a tutorial would be great!!! Can't wait to see one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your hair!! I have tried a ponytail so many times but it always looks flat. Would love step by step pics!! PS see you tonight!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ponytail, mine are always so flat. And that purple color is super on you!

    ReplyDelete