Tuesday, November 8

primer + smokey eye in one

I love this new eye shadow by Chanel. It's the Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow. And with a name so long, it's no surprise it's $36 for each of the six shades.
However, just like clothing, you have to think about cost per wear (CPW). What I love about this shadow is not only the colors (I love them all!), but I really love the almost mousse like texture it has. It goes on creamy and smooth (the shadow comes with a small angle brush, but I prefer using my fingers) and stays all day. No primer required!
To create a smokey eye, I applied a medium amount of the shade Ebloui to my fingers and blended from the lash line to just above my crease. I applied a second layer from lash line to just below the crease. I lined my lids with a black liner, and took the angle brush that came with the shadow and applied a little Ebloui below the lower lash line.
It's a great option for days you are in a rush. It applies so easily and I had a day time smokey eye in under 2 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I love your product reviews, Sarah! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete