Wednesday, October 26

worth

I will be the first to admit that I have expensive taste. I like nice things, who doesn't?
But it's important for me to tell you that you don't need a massive budget to look and feel your best. You might have to be more picky when it comes to what you buy (especially if you value quality), but it's not impossible.
My dress and vest together were under $50. Actually, add the bracelet in there too.
Cost doesn't put the value in an item as far as I'm concerned. I'm pleasantly surprised with both this dress and vest, and I'm always thrilled to find good accessories on sale. Clothing, especially more trendy items, are almost disposable compared to accessories. If I were to prioritize, I'd spend more on accessories and shoes, and shop clothing at lower priced stores (Old Navy, for example), on sale (I love stores like the Rack or Off 5th, which are clearance stores for higher end department stores), consignment (great quality items at a discount or often trade value), or eBay (search for particular items you love at reduced prices).
How about you? Do you feel like there is a direct connection between how much you spend on something and how it makes you look and feel?
Dress: Kohls, Vest: Old Navy, Shoes: Charles David, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: J Crew, Sunnies: Ray Ban

6 comments:

  1. My tastes/styles change so often that it's hard for me to spend good money on quality items when, in six months, I will have moved on to something completely different. So I'd say cost has zero connection to how much I love something/how it makes me feel.

    The only exception is my Dior lipstick . . . but maybe that's because the packaging looks as expensive as it is, so I feel SO FANCY just pulling it out to put it on. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just say I love clothes, shoes and accessories period - I can find things I love at any price point that make me feel fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually feel better in items that I get a good deal on. I like high quality clothes, but like to shop at the Rack to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Tricky question!

    Some of my things that male me feel amazing were not expensive, but are good quality, a deal, like the earlier comment.

    But I won't buy a really expensive thing that doesn't make me feel good, if that makes sense. So, if it is the in thing and costly but I don't like it, I wont buy it

    I like all price points but some are more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mixing up high-end and lower-end. It's fun to get a good deal, and even better when the cheap item brings new life to the expensive one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have to be picky with what you spend a lot on. Obviously items that can be worn year in year out are worth it but I dont think that trendy peices are.

    I just adore this whole outfit!

    x

    www.lifestylen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete