Monday, October 10

stud

This weekend, I went shopping looking for a few things in particular. I went to six stores over the course of three hours. I got cranky, hot, uncomfortable, and most of all...nothing! I walked out of every store empty handed.
This will come as a surprise to you, but I really really don't like "shopping". Browsing a store or two for fun is fine, but looking for something in particular and wading through racks and racks of the same thing over and over is not fun.
I'd much rather scour things online, make a list of what I want to try, and shop with a mission. Much cleaner and more pleasant for everyone involved.
I also swore to myself after leaving store #4 that I wanted to design my own line some day. (Ha, as if.)
Shopping my closet is far less stressful and far more rewarding anyway. :)
Skirt: Harolds, Top: American Eagle, Shoes: Cole Haan, Bag: Sam Moon, Ring: J Crew, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Ann Taylor, Necklace: White House Black Market

5 comments:

  1. I really love how the denim top dresses down the beautiful skirt. It's still elegant, but totally fun at the same time.

    Bummer about not finding anything. That's how it always seems to go if I'm determined to find something specific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I am wearing my denim shirt with black pants today! Love this together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain about specific-shopping. I like shopping as recreation, with no pressure. Love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bag and skirt!

    I totally agree with you about shopping and the worst bit is that if you go out looking for a specific item...you can almost be guaranteed that you wont be able to find it - frustrating!

    Cheers!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happens to me all the time. When I want something specific I spend hours looking for it and usually "settle" just because I'm so frustrated and already wasted hours or even a full day.

    This outfit is superb with a great mix of casual and dressy. That bag takes it over the top, love the stud details.

    ReplyDelete