Thursday, October 6

speak for yourself

This dress is why I am a minimalist. It's so simple, yet intricate. I love the tuxedo detailing and unique cut. It's simple enough to be versatile, but intricate enough to be worn alone. It doesn't need accessories, it can do all the talking on its own.
I was drawn to this dress the first time I saw it, and slept on it for six weeks.
I have a form of fashion ADD. I love a lot of things, and venture off on rabbit trails all.the.time. My "list" is constantly changing.
But if I still want something just as much six weeks later, then I know it is meant to be.
I also had to save up money, truthfully. ;)
Dress: Rag and Bone, Shoes: Nine West, Earrings: Kendra Scott (via Zappos), Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: J Crew, Ring: Harolds

6 comments:

  1. Sarah: you said it ALL!

    *blown away*

    p.s. Those Kendra Scott earrings and the Stylins are the perfect complement. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie5:51 PM

    The dress looks too much like a baggy shirt to me. Have you tried a belt with it? Otherwise, you look great! Love the shoes, jewelry, and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather!
    @Kellie, I appreciate your comment. I personally like voluminous pieces, and I'm worried a belt would make it too short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That black dress is adorable and so versatile, and I LOVE that you paired it with our Danielle Earrings in Tiger's Eye. I'm SO glad the "no black and brown" rule has been shattered because those two colors can create such a chic look like this one! Thanks for the love!

    xoxo,
    -Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kendra! I love your pieces a LOT! I have a few on my wishlist. ;) Thanks for making such pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The textures on this dress make it very interesting without all the prints I often see on dresses. Great find! If you belt it, it may be a fun tunic for skinnies too? Perhaps your new gray leopard one's?

    ReplyDelete