Friday, October 21

same, just different

I've gone through quite the style evolution over the past few years. I went through a phase where I was ultra feminine and girly a few years ago. I picked up this top during that phase (three cheers for 85% off). Once my style evolved past that stage, I sort of looked past this top because it wasn't modern enough.
But I'm realizing that what makes style MINE is marrying all of these elements into a look that is me right now.
In the past I may have worn this with a skirt, strappy sandals, and pearls, but what I like about it now is how it contrasts with the modern black skinny pant, and urban silk bomber. Feminine. Modern. Urban. Perfect!
I've had all of these elements for several years now, but have never worn this combination together. I think as we grow style-wise, we are able to see our pieces through a new lens.
My challenge to you is to find something from your past style life and pair it with something that defines your style today. Let me know what you think!
Blouse: Nanette Lepore, Jacket: Hinge, Jeans: J Brand, Shoes: Nine West, Necklace: J Crew

7 comments:

  1. Love this look. I'm a big fan of the contrasting elements -- I, too, love to pair an ultra-feminine or "fancy" piece with jeans or something a little more rugged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you when you say 'perfect'! There's great contrast in the elements here, making it ultra-cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely love this look! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah! I adore this blouse that you have stashed away! It must appear more often (cobalts! pencil skirts! black skinnies!)

    And I adore that bomber jacket paired with ANYTHING!!! Gorgeous remix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love a bomber jacket or parka paired with an ultra-feminine look. Both pieces become so much "more" than they are by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, perfect and very "you"! This is one of your best outfits of all times!

    ReplyDelete