Thursday, September 8

utility

I have been searching for the perfect stripe top for awhile now. I've tried a few within the past several months, and while I liked some of them, they weren't as versatile as I'd been hoping. And since I can't buy them all, I had to be picky. Ever since my trip to J Crew a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to stop thinking about this blouse. It is really fab. Great cut, great fit, and I love the detail and pattern. I did have to go up two sizes, though. I usually take a 4 in J Crew tops (J Crew runs a bit large) but I had to get an 8 in order for this blouse to be flowy and not cut in at the arm holes.
In order to justify the price, I had to think of multiple ways to wear it, and it had to take me from summer to winter. Even though it cost more than some of the other contenders, it fits every bill and is the most versatile, which in the end, makes it worth every penny.
Update: The blouse has since gone on sale. Happy price adjustment to meeee. :)
Blouse: J Crew, Vest: Old Navy, Jeans: J Brand (archives), Shoes: Coach, Bag: Linea Pelle, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: J Crew necklace

10 comments:

  1. Okay, I've been avoiding buying many sleeveless tanks for a while since winter is (hopefully? lol) coming in a few months. How do you take a tank and use it through winter? Just layer, layer, layer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it. I love layering, and I've missed it these past six months. Try denim (jacket or top) cardigans (with jacket or vest on top), and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn you, now I want this vest! Great blouse too, but I already have a lot of stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like lowcarb said, I want this vest too - it will really work in so many ways! You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana Jackson12:12 PM

    Ooh, great outfit, and I love the striped top. I've been looking for one to wear with my orange pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many stripes in a wardrobe in my book. They are always classic. Lovely new top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ana! It's on sale now, for almost 50% off.
    Lisa, I'm learning that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the striped top! I am looking for something similar for our upcoming Australian summer. I'm normally a US10-12 on top based on having a wide ribcage (no boobs sadly). What size do you think I should get? This final sale business combined with US shipping does make me hesistate, but I have so much trouble finding tops I think it is worth giving a go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yublocka, I typically wear a size 4 on top at J Crew, but I had to get this blouse in an 8. I wanted it to be more blousy, and the size 4 especially cut in at the arm holes. If I were you I'd go for at least the 12.
    The 6 and 8 didn't fit me all that differently, the 8 was just a little longer. Good luck! It's such a fab blouse, especially on sale. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well just to keep you posted I have taken the plunge and ordered it. Just have to be patient whilst it makes its way to Australia. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete