Monday, September 19

fight day

On Saturday, Bryan and I, along with nearly 500 other Crossfitters in the greater Austin area met up at Camp Mabry for Fight Gone Bad 6.
Over the past few weeks we have been fundraising for the Special Operations Wounded Warrior Fund and Saturday we all met up to voice our support for this great charity. This charity provides a full college scholarship for any child who lost a parent in the line of duty, or provides travel and living expenses for a wounded soldier's family so they can be near them while they are in the hospital or in therapy.
Fight Gone Bad is the name of a Crossfit workout. It is 17 minutes long. One minute of work at five separate stations, followed by a minute of rest. Three times total.
I have never competed in an actual Crossfit event, so I had butterflies all morning. But every time I got nervous, I just thought about what, and more importantly who, I was doing this for.
Generally, I prefer wearing tanks and capris when I work out, but I wanted to represent the charity and the event, so I wore the Fight Gone Bad tee shirt. 
I had a goal of 200 reps (the grand total of every rep of every round) and only hit 190, but I'm pretty happy. I was still recovering from my cold. Not bad for a sickie!
Fight Gone Bad is a tough workout, but we did it. This picture of Bryan depicts exactly what we felt like when it was over. :)
Afterwards we went out to celebrate our efforts with some tasty Tex Mex. And as soon as we got to the restaurant, it rained. And just a few hours later Texas won the football game.
Saturday was a great day. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ginny9:33 AM

    How Cool!!!
    Way to go, know you efforts that day will touch so many!! Good Job! glad the rest of the day was great too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I am still sore from the Crossfit bootcamp I did last Wednesday - hope I can survive this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST!!!! Glad you are feeling better! Congrats.

    p.s. My legs are unhappy with me for the Sunday 15K. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a challenging yet fun day. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete