Wednesday, August 24

life and style: pencils have their place

Today we broke a record. It is the 70th day of triple digit temps here in Austin. Yesterday we tied the record of 69 days with the year 1925. It's hard to believe. I for one am certainly over it. There is no end in sight, however, so we just keep plodding along the best we can.
I've been told each of my five Texas summers that it's "usually never this bad" and I guess this year they were finally right. ;)
By mid day my hair has flattened, my makeup melted, and my clothes feel sticky. Please just let it be over, PLEASE? :)
I love this skirt. I picked it up to try on, and it was too small. I vowed to do whatever it took to squeeze myself into it. Luckily I didn't have to go to extreme measures because the store located one in the next size up. O:) Isn't that fine paneling fab?
Yesterday I had to take my car into the shop to have some tire maintenance done. I know for a fact I was the only person there in 5" heels. And a pencil skirt and silk blouse.
I didn't feel out of place, though. I never do when I'm confident in myself and my style. It's just a little funny.
Skirt: Classiques Entier (archives), Blouse: BCBG Max Azria (archives), Shoes: Michael Kors, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: Ann Taylor and Banana Republic

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous skirt! It was worth hunting for. Hope your record heat is soon broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the paneling on the skirt -- love it!

    ReplyDelete