Wednesday, August 17

life and style: the unexpected

I'm ashamed to admit that I don't wear these pants often enough. I just wasn't really liking any of the pairings I'd tried (other than the expected black and white). I've only worn these out three times. Bad!
So one day, after being prompted by a friend (hi, Heather) and sister (hi, Rach), I decided to take an afternoon to play dress up. I took all the tops from my closet (along with some jackets) and tried each one on with these pants. No matter the color, print, or style.
And I was shocked to discover some really fab combinations that I otherwise would have never tried. So I challenge you to take your rarely worn items and play dress up and see what you find!
Of all of the combinations, this was my favorite. It's very unexpected, but very modern and sophisticated. I piled on the arm party, added a pop of neutral (shoes) to ground the colors, and called it good.
I promise you'll be seing more of these pants now that I've realized their potential in my closet. Consider yourself warned. ;)
PS: You try climbing boulders with 5" platform sandals on. ;)
Top: Ann Taylor (archives), Pants: J Brand (archives), Shoes: Elizabeth and James, Watch: Fossil, Bracelets: Martin + Osa, Express, Ring: Martin + Osa

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Haha, no thanks, I stay firmly on the ground with anything over 3 inches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:16 PM

    I really like your hair in this one. Kind of free and edgy, but still intentional and polished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Are you growing out your hair to brown? If so, brave---I'm trying to do the same, but I chicken out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psh, no. I'm just late getting it touched up. I have an appointment soon, though!
    I'm naturally a moussy brown and sometimes I miss being a brunette. Who knows, maybe I'll go back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *waving and blushing*

    You are the Beauty of the Boulder, Sarah! It really pays to play around in your wardrobe and you really nailed it with this unexpected, completely fresh look with the Cobalts. Making JBrand Cobalts and AT Cinnamons everywhere wish they were a pair. ;D

    ReplyDelete