Thursday, August 18

DIY: turning jewelry into art

Fact: I do not have a jewelry box.
I have a jewelry drawer and a jewelry hook. So you can imagine, things get a little untidy now and again.
Well it was time to do something about it.
I like my bracelet collection. It is not only a representation of my personal style, but also my living style - my home. So why not display them as "art"?
The idea came to me in the middle of the night one night, as I lay awake with each arm around two of my kitties. Why not put my bracelets on vases and set them out where I can see them? If things are messy and tucked away, I forget I have them.
So I went to my local Goodwill in search for white vases with thin necks and wider bases. Unfortunately they didn't have any, but there were plenty of crystal ones. So for just a little over $10 I went from this
 to this!
I'm very happy with how it turned out. My room is the last room in our house to get any attention, so I need to get on that. And who says I can't actually put flowers in the vases, hm?
At least now I can find my bracelets, and they are making my living space pretty.
How do you organize your jewelry? Any tips or ideas you are willing to share?

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I love this idea and can't wait to head home and hunt for some vases. :)
    I do hang my necklaces as part of my wall decor but had been stumped about what to do with my bracelets. Thanks so much for presenting the solution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHEER GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the idea, looks great! I am more of a necklaces girl, and I have tons, also they were just sitting in my drawer and you don't wear what you don't see, I put up a few command strips behind my bedroom door and hung all my necklaces up on that. I can see them all and I tend to wear more of them now then I did before that.You can even get the heavy duty strips to hold the bigger chunky necklaces too! And it looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GREAT idea! I am struggling to find the right way to store my growing bracelet collection.

    ReplyDelete