Thursday, August 4

coco


As if clothes and shoes weren't enough, I also have a thing for makeup. It is such a seemingly simple afterthought, but in reality it can add so much to an overall look. Because my style is fairly minimal, I tend to pay more attention to the smaller details to keep my minimalism from getting boring. 
I admit I've become quite spoiled lately and have been experimenting with Chanel beauty products. I don't have a ton of makeup, but what I like I really like. ;) You don't have to spend a lot for a sophisticated look, though. I just happen to love this lip product (in Romance) and glam nail polish (in Graphite).
Beauty products (and accessories) are like icing on the apparel cake. It's what takes something from every day Jane to uniquely you.
I could have very easily done a coral nail polish, brown smokey eye, nude lip, and piled on the bangles (like in yesterday's post) and the same top and pants would have taken on a whole different look.
What beauty products are you loving right now?
Do you prefer higher end items or drug store gems?
Top and pants: Ann Taylor (hey, they had a great sale recently, in fact it's still going on [pssst! enter FRIENDS at checkout for an ADDITIONAL 30% off already reduced and marked down even further sale prices]), Necklace: Express, Shoes: Nine West

6 comments:

  1. These pants look great on you! I love the Make Up Forever line - I use their foundation, concealer, white powder, and eyeliner - good coverage without being heavy. I also love this product from Benefit called Shelac - it is the only thing I have found that keeps my eyeliner from getting under my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Those shoes are amazing! I love your make up too! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am LOOOOOOVING the Urban Decay "Naked" eyeshadow palette right now. (and i used to be so very anti-brown/neutral colors, weird!). also can't go wrong with Fresh's under-eye Radiance Brightening Pen-- best concealer EVER.

    although the link you gave me for applying foundation has helped IMMENSELY, i'm still pretty sure i'm giving up on Makeup Forever after my primer and foundation run out. i just never had to blot or powder or even prime when i used Merle Norman (and that foundation was even heavy and oil-based!). i do love the MUFE eyeliner, though-- stays in place as well as Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GInny6:43 PM

    I like to try new types/colors of makeup, I am a drugstore makeup girl. I am more of the accessories girl!! Jewelry is my weakness. I am loving your long necklace in this outfit. Dontcha love the long and the chunky necklaces that are out right now????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:36 PM

    I'd love to see a label for makeup on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, clean, classic, perfect Sarah outfit. You really know your style! I am still bouncing around with that. And your make-up is always that perfect final touch. I am currently enjoying Chanel eyeshadows, Clinique mascara, and oil of olay concealer. Apparently I mix up my look with store and drugstore brands.

    ReplyDelete