Monday, August 1

blocks

Ahhh, how nice to start the work week with a relaxing weekend behind me. I really didn't do much of anything. We slept in, went swimming, made some tasty (healthy) food, and watched the 2011 Reebok Crossfit Games in their entirety. It's so exciting to be involved in a sport just as it's taking off and getting the recognition it deserves.
The athletes are inspiring and I'm motivated to hit the gym with renewed energy and focus....somebody remind me I said that when I'm in the middle of a grueling 5 round workout tonight involving running, deadlifts, and pushups, k?
In general, when I say I have a relaxing weekend, it usually means I *didn't* do anything I was supposed to do to get ready for the week. I usually try to get all the laundry washed and folded, outfits planned, and meals and snacks prepped and ready to pack for the day.
But sometimes we just need a weekend of nothing. It's always go, go, go, and the opportunity to relax doesn't come often. Surprisingly, I'm always more refreshed and ready for Monday when I allow myself the chance to rest rather than stay busy preparing for the upcoming week.
It just means I've got a laundry list (no pun intended) of things to get to today.
But I'm not complaining, it was worth it.
What was your weekend like? Is today off to a good start?
Skirt: Halogen (archives), Top: Gap, Belt: Fossil, Ring: Martin + Osa, Watch: Gifted, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, Lips: Nars "Heat Wave"

7 comments:

  1. always love this skirt on you!!! glad to hear you had a quiet weekend we all need those every now and then. Nothing better than moving slow on the weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice outfit! Though I must say, it makes me feel hot just to look at it! I don't know how you wear stuff like that in the summer. :) Maybe it just looks hotter than it actually is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really isn't, though. The longest I'm outdoors during the day is for the photo shoots though. ;)
    At work it's only 70, which is quite chilly.
    If I didn't have to work, I'd have photos of shorts and tank tops all week, but that won't do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel12:22 PM

    I adore the navy heels, great way of pairing them for an office/daytime look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crisp, classic look. The belt is the perfect touch here. A relaxing weekend is always nice once in a while. I often spend too much time prepping for the week. (I try to do all the cooking on the weekends.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel12:29 PM

    Yeah Sarah, the Halogen skirt is actually ponte knit and the top is cotton. Can't beat that combo in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleek, professional.. love those pumps!!

    ReplyDelete