Friday, July 29

daytime sparkle

Sequins for day? Psh, yeah. Why not?
But first, I just have to say how much I appreciate my husband Bryan and all the effort he puts in to my blog. He is so incredibly supportive, and this wouldn't be the Daily Sophisticate it is without him. Plus, he is turning into a pretty good photographer!
Fridays at the office are super casual. So rather than be boring and predictable, I take it as an opportunity to be creative. My "casual" is dressier than most people, but I think it's because I like to keep things chic. I don't do a boxy tee and slouchy jeans very well. I've tried. ;)
In addition to embracing my personal style this month, I've been trying to wear everything I own to make sure it belongs in my (tiny) closet. I've had this tank for a long time, but have only worn it on rare occasions.
I like how the vintage pendant pulls the darkest shade of sequins out of the top.
I hope you all have a relaxing, fun weekend! I'm looking forward to sleeping in and watching the 2011 Crossfit Games today through Sunday. O:)
Top: AK (archives), Jeans: Express (archives), Pendant: Vintage, Shoes: Franco Sarto, Bracelets: JCrew + BR

4 comments:

  1. Ok I looove this outfit! I personally would chose a jean with more of a bootcut (just because I look awful in anything else) but yeah...very awesome outfit today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a top almost identical to this and I always think about pulling it out for day but never do! I do like how you have layered this over a white button down in the past and think I might actually do that one of these days, I feel like that dresses it down a bit - maybe a day I am going to happy hour... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY nice! I bought another bracelet today...
    ;)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great office casual outfit. Great job and I would like to say thanks to your husband for all he does for your blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete