Monday, July 18

batty

Bats don't creep me out. In fact, I'm fascinated by them. We went to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico when I was a kid, and we actually have several large bat colonies in the greater Austin area. We see the north Austin ones on a pretty regular basis, and it's really something to see. Like clockwork, the bats fly out from under the overpass at dusk, and it looks like a ribbon of smoke that goes on forever. Was anyone else afraid of the Ghost Monster on Lost? Heh.
So why not wear bats on my shirt, right? I like this top. It is a fun print, plus I don't have a lot of red.
It's a subtle pattern though, I'm not usually one to wear a lot of animals on my clothes or accessories. I just collect the real thing, apparently. ;)
Top: Nordstrom, Shorts: 7FAM (archives), Shoes: Elizabeth & James, Watch: Fossil

8 comments:

  1. Cute picture! And cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I was wondering where the "bats" theme came from - can't really see they're bats!! I like it that bats eat mosquitos! A great reason to love bats!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. in love with these shoes! Very cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute Sarah! The first photo made me smile on a Monday morning. How tall are those shoes? They are super! What a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5", gulp. But the 2" platform helps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny2:36 PM

    too cute!!! cute outfit!!! brave girl with those heels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5" is a serious heel and they look super on you! The tallest heel I have tried on was the Stuart Weitzman 'Palace' Platform Pump at NAS, and it's only 4 1/2". Wear the tall heels for us short gals who just can't make them work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Groovy cork wedges!!

    ReplyDelete