Friday, June 3

terrible twos

With summer fast approaching, it is getting lighter earlier. The furbabies don't tell time, and they are used to daylight = breakfast!! We are in the process of trying to encourage? them to sleep in just a little past 4am if possible, kthanks.
So it makes me laugh when people ask when we are going to have kids, because between you and me it feels like I'm raising 4 two year olds. ;) Cute ones. With fur. And precious eyes.
That just want breakfast NOW.
So sleep or not, we still have to get up and face the day, preferably with clothes on. I'm so glad that I situated my jeans months ago. I am not a fan of uniforms per se, but I do have a few specific outfits on rotation for days when I have less time and/or energy to put something together.
I call these safe outfits. When all else fails, you know you have two or three outfits that can be fast and easy, but still well put together. No more frumpy, floor-of-the-closet-abiding blandness.
I've also been working a lot in my closet lately. It's not big, so it can get disorganized and messy fast. I share it with my husband, and I only take out wool jackets and formal wear in the summer months. I prefer to leave everything else in because if I don't see it, I don't wear it. Or I buy something almost identical to something I already have. What can I say, I have good taste. O:)
Sweater: Ann Taylor, Tank: Target, Jeans: JBrand, Shoes: Born "Pepper", Watch: Michael Kors, Ring: Harolds

6 comments:

  1. ahhhhh! i saw a VERY similar cream-colored sweater at the mall the other day and i was actually going to go back and get it today! (the one i'm looking at is a cheapy one, but it has some cool button details on the sleeve).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textural interest this sweater creates for this outfit. Simple and fun! I forgot about Born shoes, I'll have to check them out. I have one cat, and there are times she drives me batty. I always say, I can't barely handle my cat, how can I ever handle a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this top, don't remember seeing it at Ann Taylor! I like the term "furbabies", we call ours the kitty kids : ) Fortunately Michael gets up every morning at 5:30 to go to Crossfit and feeds them then so they leave me alone, but on the weekend they harass him very early! My cat Coco has decided that at 7am every morning (I try to sleep until 7:15) constant attention and head petting is required. But they are worth it : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look - your outfits never disappoint, so much variety!

    As for the closet, I know what you mean. I have a smaller closet too and things get messy so fast unless I orgaznize stuff everyday. But try not to worry about it too much, it will get done :)

    Happy Weekend!

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our cat was known as "diva kitty" because it was ALL about her.

    I have a couple of uniforms, too, that always work no matter how bleary-eyed and apathetic I am in the morning. For the summer it is a fitted tank top, straight skirt and Umberto wedge sandals. In the cooler months it's boot cut jeans, pointy-toe boots, and a v-neck sweater or fitted t-shirt. Uniforms make everything easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great breezy sweater. Perfect for your kind of weather.
    My cats are the same; between them and my husband, I don't have time to take care of any actual kids too! :)

    ReplyDelete