Wednesday, June 29

story teller

I love my jeans. Have I already said that?
Okay, sorry. I just can't help it! I struggled for months to find the perfect pair, so now that I have them I can't help but be happy about it.
I'll try to contain my excitement.
I love when something tells a story. As we've been updating our home, we've been taking it from Pottery Barn catalog to OUR home that tells a story of US...where we are from, who we are now, and what our aspirations are for the future.
In some way, what we wear tells a story. Not only of who we are and what we think of ourselves, but even on a more intimate scale.
When I put this necklace on, it reminds me of the day trip I had with some very special girlfriends. The ring was a birthday gift from my husband, and I remember the elegant dinner he took me to the first time I wore it.
I love it when things make me smile when I put them on. :)
Jacket: Ella Moss (archives), Tee: Press (archives), Jeans: JBrand "Lovestory", Shoes: Nine West "Ponti", Pendant: Vintage, Ring: JCrew

6 comments:

  1. Ana Jackson10:32 AM

    I love that necklace! I still have my red ring, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how those two jewellry items match! (guess I'm matchy?) Question (if you don't mind!) - how come you wear your wedding rings on your middle finger? Curious mind!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post jean based outfits as many times as you please Sarah, I'm a huge fan of jeans too. I also prefer when items I wear have a story. At least for items that do not wear as easily such as jewelry and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny8:28 PM

    I know what you mean about telling a story with your wardrobe. Jewelery is great for that. I love picking up unigue rings and necklaces when we go on trips and then everytime i wear them after that i think of that great weekend in New Mexico or a trip to Virginia. It just makes me smile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you are the sweetest, most sentimental person. When I saw that necklace it took me right back to that great day that you, Ana, Patience and I met for a YLF get together in that cute little town, was it Gwren? What a wonderful day and I am sentimental that you three Austinites took time to come and meet me there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. D, I wear my wedding rings on my middle finger because I have lost a significant amount of weight since I got married. I don't want to part with them long enough to have them resized just yet. Another to-do for my list!

    ReplyDelete