Thursday, June 23

roots

When I got my first "real" job the very first outfit I bought was at the Gap. Jeans, striped top, black jacket, and crossbody black nylon messenger. Pretty much the exact look I saw on the online lookbook.
That whole concept still appeals to me. Very urban functional.
This jacket makes me smile every time I wear it. I went into Express a few years ago looking for a navy blazer for some reason, and I spotted this one on clearance. It was on sale on top of a sale and was the last one. I nabbed it and within about 30 seconds another customer had pulled a sales associate up to me, pointed at the jacket, and said "I'd like that one". Ha! I saw it first, lady. The sales person looked at me with a bewildered look on his face, so I said "If I change my mind, I'll let you know." Psh. As if that would happen. Especially after you said you wanted it too. Has anyone fought you for anything while shopping? Did you win? :)
Next order of business is hemming these jeans. It's not cool to have the hems drag, and I wear them enough that it's totally worth paying to have them done.
I'm taking the skinnies in this weekend, but unfortunately I need these Babes for my vacation, so I don't think they'd be done in time. Tsk, tsk.
Tank: Gap (worn here), Jacket: Express (worn here), Jeans: JBrand "Babe", Sandals: DV for Target, Watch Michael Kors "Runway"

7 comments:

  1. out of all the outfits you've posted, i think this one perfectly fits "me". (if that makes sense?). i really love it! i've got everything but the striped top to do it, too! (well, my blazer is slightly less awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striped tops are EVERYwhere...plus you can do animal print shoes instead of the jacket lining. That would be awesome. 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely outfit of all "blues." I never wear tanks with my blazers, when I layer them with a cardigan I have to wash the cardigan after each wearing because of perspiration, do you wash your blazers after each wearing or wear armpit covers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, no. I guess I don't sweat much? I wear it this way to work, and if I have to stop anywhere after work I just take off the jacket (it is over 100, after all). But I never wash my jackets...although you have inspired me to take a whiff to make sure it's not funky smelling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do cheat and use febreeze on days I sweat through my short sleeve tops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh, awesome idea for the animal-print shoes. i have been thinking about getting some snake-skin print heels for a while now . . . would that clash with this, or does it need to be leopard print shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Either one! I treat animal prints as neutrals. :)

    ReplyDelete