Thursday, June 16

neon + neutral

This is my submission for the fourth Pretty Shiny Sparkly's Bloggers Do It Better link up challenge. She challenged us to create a look using neons with neutrals. Neutrals were easy breezy for me, but neons? I hardly have anything considered "color" in my closet! So with some help from my sister, we put together a decidedly neutral look and added "pops" of neon in my lipstick, nail polish, and the loudest handbag ever made. :)
 Despite the lack of neons in my closet, I do love the bright colors contrasted with muddled neutrals. Especially in the summer time. I'm looking forward to browsing the other submissions tomorrow so I can drool over all the pretty neon clothing out there.
I remember when neon was all the rage when I was a kid. I can remember wearing neon printed sweaters, neon socks, neon plastic bracelets, and I'm sure I had some neon canvas shoes at some point. I'm an 80's baby. :)
Sweater: Ann Taylor (archives), Jeans: Gap, Tank: Target, Shoes: Nine West "Rocha", Bag: LAMB, Lipstick: Milani "Rose Hip", Nail Polish: OPI's Fiercely Fiona

11 comments:

  1. Ah yes, 80's neon. Could be why we're all so scared of it now. :) I've seen some of the neon and neutral outfits and LOVE the inspiration from them! You look amazing in these white pants, I need to find some good ones.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see this handbag I love it more and more. It's such a fun bag. This outfit has all the elements I enjoy for a summer look. White, crochet (?) and bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Love the bag, you look great in neon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word:

    OBSESSED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool use of colors! Love the Nine West pumps, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty ...what color is on your lips ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes and yes! Great way to do neons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag is great! Loving those colors with the rest of your neutral outfit. Great take on the Neutral Neon trend :))

    xo Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! ashleyrubi, it's Milani "Rose Hip". I contemplated about four shades before I got this one. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look! Love the bag!

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:28 PM

    You look great! I especially love your hair - did you use a curling iron on it?

    ReplyDelete