Wednesday, June 22

it rained.


If you live, or know anyone who lives in central Texas, the one word on your mind today is RAIN. We have been in a drought for months here, and we finally got a heavy rain last night. I could almost hear nature sigh in relief.
My neighborhood has had a grilling ban for about two months now, and I'm hearing rumors of 4th of July celebrations being canceled.
Not that I mind...I'm not a huge fan of suburban fireworks. Let's leave it to the pros?
This is one of my errand outfits. I usually batch my errands together in one or two days a week to avoid venturing out in the heat. I'd rather get it all over with than make a stop or two every day. I made about four stops and I kid you not, I got compliments on my necklace at every one. Just goes to show that being your best doesn't have to mean plunking down a lotta bucks.
Dress: Gap (from the archives), Necklace: Target, Shoes: B Makowsky, Ring: Martin + Osa

7 comments:

  1. The necklace is the perfect addition of color for this look. I would actually wear this outfit out to dinner with friends. Wearing a dress for errands is a good idea, one item of clothing to grab and out the door you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with leaving fireworks to the pros. I'd rather watch them at Disney, not someone's house.

    I love the tan sandals with the black dress, you look awesome!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:39 PM

    Well you did it again! Great outfit, I would have never worn something so nice to run errands. Thanks for making me think of that. You have helped me up my everday look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I wore black and a blue bead necklace yesterday but I like yours much better. And I LOVE those shoes; are they new?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! See to me, this is casual. Hehe. It's knit and a lot more simple than trousers and a blouse.
    Kristen, thanks! The shoes are not new, but they don't get worn a lot. My feet slide forward in them, so I need to find some inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:45 AM

    A great way to wear black in summer - neutral shows and colourful accessories! As a lover of black, I always struggle with what to do in summer to still feel like me but not be too dark and sombre for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Ooops... I meant neutral SHOES!

    ReplyDelete