Friday, June 24

forest walk

I can't believe how much I love wearing maxi dresses now. Last year at this time I was less than impressed with the look. Just goes to show how time can change our minds!
I know maxis are controversial, and I mentioned this last time I wore one. I don't think it's as easy as yay or nay. I think a lot depends on the shape of the dress and your body type. Are you a fan of maxis or not? Why or why not?
The Daily Sophisticate is undergoing a makeover somewhat gradually. I hope it won't be too distracting, and as always your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm still learning and growing every day with this venture, and I appreciate you being there with me along the way.
I stumbled across this nail polish on Pretty Shiny Sparkly awhile ago, and then my sister pointed it out again recently and I decided to give it a try. It's very different, but I love how fresh and unexpected it is.
Dress: Kohls, Sandals: Sam Edelman (archives), Cuff: JCrew, Bangles: Banana Republic

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have to try the nail polish. I love LOVE that color combined with orange/mango shades like your bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great on you. Love the new look for the blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:54 PM

    I love the look of a maxi dress, but I'm still searching for the right one for my petite stature. The one you chose is perfect for your body and you chose the perfect shoes and accessories. Love the toe nail polish too. You look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think maxis are pretty, but for myself, at this weight, I hesitate. I know I'd love the feeling of wearing one. So pretty & cool. My 16yo DD has one. Cute.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:42 PM

    This blog actually made me go to Kohls and try on the same dress. It's amazing that something can look so wonderful on one person, as it does here, but look so crappy on another, as it did me. Alas...my search continues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog for a little while now, and I just wanted you to know that in my opinion, you look gorgeus in that dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying the maxi dress look on others. I always feel like they look like a nightgown on myself. And with my height, I would have to hem a lot of the length to make them work. I find a shorter dress works better for me and is alteration free. Often a dress that may hit someone mid thigh, hits me at or below the knee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just came across this post. we have the same polish color :-).

    ReplyDelete