Thursday, June 2

date dress

We've been married for over five years now, and dates are still fun. Intentional ones are the best. You know, not the "hey, let's go grab dinner" but the "let's make a date for x day, x time".
We were able to get out to dinner and then went to see the new Pirates. Don't know why, but I love those. I think this latest one is better than the last two, personally. The mermaids were a little skeery. I warned you.
Maxis are another controversial item. I used to hate them. Now I like them, but am picky. Psh, I'm always picky what am I talking about! I like the top part of this one especially. Very age appropriate I think.
**Warning, mini rant ahead.**
One of my pet peeves is when um, mature women stuff themselves into jrs. clothing. I have a few jrs. pieces in my closet, but it is rare that something fits me well. Size wise they might, yes, but many times the proportions are not quite right on grown women's bodies.
And that is what I mean by "age appropriate". Carry on. :)
I get compliments on these shoes every time I wear them. It's funny to me because I bought them on a whim online one summer because I wanted something flatter than my usual 3+" sandals. I went to Nordstrom last weekend and three sales people asked where I got these. I've searched recently and it looks like they are well into the history books by now.
Maxi dress: Gap, Sandals: Unisa, Ring: Nordstrom, Bangles: Banana Republic

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love it. Looks so comfy but very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! What shade is your nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers = OPI for Sephora "Lost Without My GPS"
    Toes = OPI "Fiercly Fiona"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This maxi is great on you! Totally agree about the age appropriate thing. Shopping in juniors you have to be very picky and aware of what is appropriate. Oh that note though, that green dress from Nordstrom arrived yesterday and it fits great! Can't wait to wear it on the honeymoon! Thanks for finding it : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. Very pretty - and modest! You're still inspiring me. Oh and dates are great - even after 24+ years of marriage! ;)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, Amy!
    And Dawn, thanks! That gives me a lot to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in that dress, it fits you perfectly! I rarely ever shop in the juniors section anymore. Just not even worth it for me. Oh, to be a junior again.

    So, tell me about these skeery mermaids...I need to brace myself for when I see it...

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. In this heat and humidity, I've been wearing my two black maxi's I purchased at Target. They are such a chic alternative to shorts and tank tops, and the combinations of jewelry and sandals are limited to the individual accessories in your wardrobe. I have a little cardigan I can throw on when inside in air-conditioning, and there's nothing chicer than strolling through Austin's hot streets with dark glasses and a wake of black jersey behind you.

    Amen on the age-appropriate mini-rant. Buy a maxi!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a woman car wear any trend at any age, if she modifies it FOR her age. Too often that key part is overlooked. I really like the maxi look on you, it's very elegant.

    ReplyDelete