Monday, May 2

white out

I am participating in Pretty Shiny Sparkly's "Bloggers Do it Better" challenges. I missed the first one, but here is my entry for the "White Out" challenge. I had to create a look with all white or near white shades.
As much as I love white, I really don't have a lot of it.
The only white bottoms I currently have are these shorts. I'm really not a short shorts person (for me), but in the summer that's about all I can handle. I am not as crazy about longer shorts.
My only white top is a collared button down, so I went a little artsy and pulled a cream shell from my closet. I was hoping the textural and color difference would make this look more interesting. The cream in the print of my shoe hopefully pulls it together.
So no, I didn't wear this out anywhere, and I doubt I ever would. Thankfully that isn't a requirement of the challenge. ;) I'd love to get a textured white dress at some point. Maybe I can try this whole "White Out" thing again. :)
Moving on.
Jacket: Express, Top: Halogen, Shorts: Apostrophe, Shoes: Nine West, Necklace: JCrew

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I love the ruffley top and those shoes, ah!!! Short + blazer = very chic casual look for summer, and is it just me or does the blazer lining match the top perfectly??

    Happy to 'meet' you through the meet up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashleigh! The lining does match pretty well...It's actually fine pinstripe in white and beige. This is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit! I wore white shorts too.. Did you see my post? Love it!
    xo
    http://www.justdandy.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:50 AM

    I love this look! The jacket over the shorts, and the white tones -- you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually think this is stunning on you! Wear it out!! I think I may have to start participating in this blogger's challenge, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too like the blazer/short combo. You have a rocking tan...Wish I could tan at all..

    Would love it, if you would stop by and see how a 45+ year old handles “White Out”—you might get a good chuckle anyway! See you there! http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2011/05/white-out-change-it-up-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is so pretty. Very polished and chic, yet casual. I like the ruffles and you shoes with it.

    xx Kara
    Sprinkles in Springs

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that your jacket and shorts look like a suit. You look so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that white blazer, so gorgeous on you!


    xo Lynzy
    http://sparklingfootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your white out look! i will be submitting my look today or tomorrow. you look great and love your blog :)

    Miyan

    www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great all white look, you should wear it out sometime, it's a classy look.

    ReplyDelete