Monday, May 9

weekend edition: the cure

Our weekend was busybusy, but it was fun. I was able to participate in a "throwdown" held at my gym (Woodward Crossfit) to benefit cancer research. My friend and workout buddy Tara was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, and thankfully after a few surgeries she is back at the gym, stronger than ever.
About 80 women from surrounding Crossfits participated in the two partner workouts.
It was hard work, and hotter than hell out. But I had a blast and am very thankful for the opportunity to work for a great cause. I carried heavy things back and forth, including a tire which has left some nasty bruises and marks on my shoulders.
The second workout involved push presses and squats, with 5 burpees every minute on the minute. I hate burpees for the record. ;)
A "throwdown" is a competition if you will, but since this one was for charity, it was friendlier than most.
After I came to my senses and was able to walk again, Bryan and I headed to his parent's house for Mother's Day...but not before stopping for a few weekend wear photos.
I love this little park by our house. I wish I didn't feel so silly taking self-photos there. :)
I do love wearing a lot of dresses in the summer (at 98 degrees on Saturday, I'd say we're in summer!) but sometimes I miss separates. I saw a photo of Rachel Bilson (thanks to my sister, also Rachel) in an outfit that I knew I could replicate with things I had. It's not quite the same, but I was certainly inspired by her look.
Bryan does the driving when we go to my in laws, and I truly believe the driver always runs warmer than the passengers. I always wear a light cardigan to combat the air conditioner, no matter how warm it is outside.
Cardigan + Necklace: JCrew, Tank + Shorts: Target, Sandals: Unisa, Watch: Fossil

4 comments:

  1. A great copy of Rachel's outfit, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That sounds really tough! I'm not sure I could do that. And, for the record, I also hate burpees.

    You look fantastic in the black (denim?) shorts with cream! I love this outfit!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be on the ground, with the tire on top of me. Super that you can muscle through the throwdown. I'd just be down. :) Great outfit, I especially like the necklace, it adds lots of texture to the outfit. And those sandals, are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the CF Throwdown! I like the pick socks.

    ReplyDelete