Thursday, May 26

reason

I love blue. It's one of my favorite colors to wear, especially cobalt, navy, and ink or midnight blue. Sometimes I put on a color that drains the life out of me, but blue seems to bring out the best. It's one of my happy colors.
I last wore this skirt here, and I'm looking forward to trying new and different combinations. It's just too comfortable to wear infrequently.
I've been running around all crazy to physical therapy sessions and chiropractic treatments. Both require that I wear seperates, and now I'm even having to bring a change of clothes for PT.
I'd so much rather change than wear more casual outfits and flat shoes all day. I just don't feel my best, and one of my missions in life is to prove that one can look fab during their every day life...whether you work in an office or at home, run errands, have appointments, or take care of kidlets. There is nothing less comfortable about what I'm wearing here than there is about my workout wear.
I realize shoes can be tricky, but if heels aren't your thing, try wedges or even dressy low heels or flats.
I dress nice because I realize a first impression is a lasting one, and also because I take more pride in myself and my life when I take the time and energy to look my best. I'm worth the effort and so are the people who have to look at me.
Why do you dress the way you do? What motivates you to put in the effort?
Skirt: Classiques Entier (last worn here), Top: BCBG Max Azria, Shoes: Michael Kors "Greenwich" bootie, Watch: Michael Kors, Bangles: Banana Republic

8 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way! I put effort into my style and appearance because I believe it shows I have respect for myself, as well as those around me. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blouse. Buttons are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blouse on you! It's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lawdiva2:43 PM

    Thank you for this post. I feel happier and more upbeat when I look pretty, so I always make it a point to wear makeup and put on nice clothes when I go to work. I work in a VERY casual office and I'm often the most dressed up person by far. I wish people put more effort into their appearance. It doesn't take much money to look nice and put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginny5:16 PM

    I feel the same way as you, I like to dress it up a little on the days I don't have to wear scrubs!!Which can make you feel like you are in PJs for half the week. On days I don't have to wear scrubs I have been really enjoying dressing up a bit. You and YLF have helped me immensely with my "nonscrub" days!!! Because i still have to look professional. I have found that wedges are very comfy for my errand days!!! wow who knew?!!?!?!? OOHH you did!!!lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Do you use self-tanner? You always have a nice glow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great comments! Thank you...lawdiva, that's a great point. I dress up the most in my office and I'm the lowest on the totem pole...only female too. It definitely gives me more pride in myself and what I do when I look nice.
    Anony, yes I do use tanning products, otherwise I'm as pale as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am usually one of the more dressed up people in my office, despite the fact that I wear jeans everyday. It's amazing how simple tweaks: pumps instead of flip flops, a woven top versus a t-shirt, can really change the vibe of an outfit. I always said I dress for me and no one else. And I still do. If others like it too, that's a bonus. This skirt is so pretty on you, and the blouse is a nice piece, unlike the last outfit, you see more of the skirt here, because you are sans blazer. I can't wait to see this skirt remixed with a bold color, perhaps yellow or red?

    ReplyDelete