Friday, May 27

patterned

I'm a solids girl. Sometimes stripes are okay, or teeny tiny neutral prints. But nothing bold, loud or too graphic. Certainly not bright colors.
Say whaaaaat?!
I completely shocked myself for falling for this bag last year. It's everything I'm not. But somehow it works.
It was in hibernation all fall, winter, and part of spring, but I decided to pull it out yesterday and see how it felt. My bag size preferences have shrunk since last year, but other than the size being a touch big for me, I still love this bag. I have a hard time commiting to bags or watches, or other statement pieces, but when I do, I usually use them over and over for years and years. I don't swap out my bag daily, either. Do you?
I have a quick stop at the grocery store, and at a craft store (yikes, they scare me). So I went with easy basics and used my bag (and budget watch) for a splash of interest.
We are slowly remodeling our main living area - living room and kitchen, and I'm finally taking a kitchen art piece in to be framed.
If you haven't seen these posters, you must.
Skirt: Express, Top: JCrew, Shoes: DKNYC, Bag: LAMB, Watch: Target, Ring: Martin + Osa

4 comments:

  1. I have five bags that I use in rotation, swapping them out every 5-7 days.

    I like your skirt; I just read a style guide that says the easiest way to visually slim an area is with diagonal lines on a fitted, structured skirt. Your whole outfit is contemporary and ladylike, and the bag adds an unexpected splash. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is so fun! I generally just use the same bag all week, will pull stuff into a clutch when I go out on the weekend, and then just change my bag seasonally. I just have too much crap I carry around to change all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that bag and the skirt is great too. I've only recently discovered your blog and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to own a lot of bags and swap them out on a daily basis based on the outfit. I favored a smaller bag so swapping daily was easy to do. Over the years, my bags have grown in size, and my swapping has changed to monthly. Carrying more items means changing bags is a lot harder to do quickly in the mornings based on outfits. Currently I go in waves with bags, and tend to use the same few over and over, before switching to another set of two or three now. My bags don't wear down very quickly, so I am very cautious with purchasing new one's. In the past I had many bags, and this created many piles of bags. After all you can only use one at a time anyway. It's hard to justify a new bag purchase when I have plenty of them in the closet already.

    ReplyDelete