Wednesday, May 18

off day

I took the day off yesterday to catch up on a few things around the house (my house really needed me, heh heh) and to run a few errands that needed to be done during "work hours". I went to see an orthopaedic doctor and thankfully my knee xrays came back clear, so it's just a matter of some physical therapy to retrain it correctly. My back is also healing quite nicely. I've learned my lesson. It's important to be just as "on" when cleaning up the weight as I am when lifting them.
It's always tricky to know what to wear to a doctor appointment, isn't it? For regular doctor visits it's easy since we get to put on those breezy, drab robes. For chiropractic appointments I have to wear separates and preferably not skirts. So for the knee appointment I chose shorts and added the jacket because I was sure the a/c would be blasting on high. Brrrr.
I also spent some time packaging up clothing I no longer wear or need. I tire of the piles of clothes that I don't know what to do with, but sometimes it's the hardest thing just to get them out the front door and out of my life for good. I filled a full bag for Goodwill, made a pile of consignment or swap and then packed a box to send to my mom and two sisters.
How do you "dispose" of unworn and unused clothing? How long does it wait around before you make a decision? Is it hard to part with things?
Top: Gap, Jacket: Calvin Klein (thrifted), Shorts: LOFT, Sandals: Clarks, Watch: Fossil

4 comments:

  1. I have a section of the closet where I'm storing items for consignment; I just need to find a store that wants them. Other items that are Goodwill-worthy are placed in a shopping bag in my closet. When it is full, I make a trip to Goodwill during an errand day. I feel cathartic when I rid myself of unstylish, "fat" clothes that no longer fit the image I wish to project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, yet again!
    As to too big clothing? I get it out of the house as fast as possible - so I don't have any "bigger clothing" for those "bloated" (ha!) days. We've been having clothing exchanges at our TOPS group, which has been great, and then all the leftover clothing is donated to a non-profit charity. Win, win! I've rec'd some great outfits this way - and given a lot away too.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unworn clothes, is very hard for me to part with, the ol' "but it cost money" mentality. I had to create a spreadsheet and track what I wear and how often, to put items in a holding zone and eventually in the donate pile. YLF swaps helped for donations as well as my sister and close friends who are similar sizing to myself.

    ReplyDelete