Tuesday, May 3

luxe tux

One day I want to own a formal tuxedo. I think they are pretty awesome.
But for now, I'll be content with my day version.
I really love these pants. I'm trying to figure out how to taper the leg a little more (any seamstresses have tips?) for the best fit, but patience is not one of my strong points so I'll continue wearing them until I figure it out.
I don't have a sewing machine, so unless I pay to have something altered, I do any of my sewing by hand. Typically that's just reinforcing buttons or fixing a hem, though.
It's funny. I didn't realize that I tend to wear the same makeup every time I wear a particular outfit. I hadn't pulled out my Urban Decay Naked palette in awhile, but when I put this on I instinctively dug it out of the cupboard.
One of the shades is the same color as the darkest sequins in my top. Verrrry pretty dark burgundy plum.
Pants: Gap, Top: Ann Klein, Jacket: Frenchi, Shoes: DKNYC, Bangles: Banana Republic

3 comments:

  1. You're going to think this is weird, but those pants look like they should be harem pants to me. And it would be relatively easy to convert - add a loop of elastic into the hem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that's weird at all, Kady. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no tailoring tips for the pants, but do the same thing with my make-up. For certain outfits I wear softer make-up and other's very bold and strong, especially the lip colors.

    ReplyDelete