Tuesday, May 24

greige

I love my yellow-wait it's greige-no yellow-no greige dress. It's so Karen Millen without the KM price tag. Speaking of, this dress is a dream.
Ack, focus, fooooocus.
There. Phew.
It hasn't been until recently that I've really come to admire Ann Taylor. A lot of their pieces are just okay, but once in awhile they pull something beyond their price point out of their hat. That's why I love stalking their website and mailers for those little gems.
Lately I've been on a separates spree because the versatility of individual pieces is so key in extending the life of ones closet, but something has to be said for the simplicity of a good dress. Especially if it's as fun as this.
I remember when I bought this dress, I had to stuff, squeeze, and hold my breath to get it on. It makes me so happy to pull something out a year later and have it fit so much better. Down with the spanx! ;)
Dress: Ann Taylor (circa 2009, last seen here), Shoes: Nine West (also seen here), Bracelet: Ann Taylor, Trench: Martin + Osa (sob), Sunglasses: Yves Saint Laurent

8 comments:

  1. Looove this dress...and you totally rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love your photog blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is gorgeous, I wish it wasn't from 2009! Also, saw your comment my white jeans post, have you tried the Ann Taylor Modern Slim jeans? They have a white pair that looks cute for $88 and if you have a coupon, even less! Have a great day in this fabulous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, Amy! Ann is so good about sending me coupons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh this morning. I saw the shoe version of this dress on fluevog.com. I really like this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want to steal this - all of it - I love it that much. That dress is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress, color of it and how it looks :) and the white trench to die for. our styles are so similar, I am def following you.

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super color block dress, I'd like to see your LAMB bag with this dress, and perhaps a pink shoe to tie into the bags print, may be fun!

    ReplyDelete