Thursday, April 7

heavy metal

This silhouette takes some getting used to, but I think you'll find - as I did - that it's very easy to wear, yet is still super sophisticated and chic at the same time.
Someone recommended this style of top to me, and I bought it last fall and hadn't worn it until now. Apparently it takes me a long time to get used to new shapes. O:)
I'm on a mission to wear everything before I can shop anymore, so I'm trying to hurry because summer is fast approaching and I'm seriously lacking summer clothes. It amazes me how short our spring really is. One week I'm bundled up and the next I'm in sandals, scrambling around to shave my legs and get a pedicure. ;)
I skipped the gym last night to give my lil' toe an extra day to heal. My body isn't complaining, certainly. We've done a lot of heavy lifting this week and it's important to balance hard work with rest and recovery.
I did swing by Costco to make an exchange. I bought some turkey jerky earlier in the week, only to find that it was already opened. I hate it when people waste food, but especially meat. That turkey died for nothing. :(
I've mentioned the idea of stocking up on accessories. I think accessories are the icing on the cake - they complete a look and make it look intentional. Although I am minimalistic in style, accessories are important because they keep a look from being boring. A modern take on the classics is pairing either like or very unlike items together. Play around with it and see what new, fun combinations you can come up with. Try colors opposite or next to each other on the color wheel, or combine different patterns or even metals. Use accessories to extend the life of your clothing if you are losing weight, pregnant, or on a tight budget.
Top: Eighty Sixty (Nordstrom), Pants: Gap, Shoes: DKNYC, Bracelet: Ann Taylor, Watch: Michael Kors

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a top like that for a long time and seeing how great it looks on you just make me want one even more:) Easy to wear AND chic - what more can you ask for in an outfit? And I love the chunky bracelet with your watch, super cool! You're so lucky to have summer soon, I'll have to wait for at least two more months until that happens here:)

    ReplyDelete