Wednesday, April 6

easy, breezy

I don't really realize what I have until it's gone. Last night at the gym I was stripping a bar and grabbed the larger plate without realizing there was a smaller plate in front of it. The smaller plate fell straight on my second smallest toe, and ever since then it has been hurting like nobody's business. I'm pretty sure it's broken, but there's not a lot you can do for little toes. I did complete two more rounds of back squats though, since you don't need toes for back squats anyway. :)
So just don't be surprised if you see nothing but sandals, and maybe the occasional flip flop, mkay?
I had a few errands to run, including meeting a friend for coffee. We are conspiring and plotting a birthday adventure for a mutual friend. It should be a nice, relaxing time.
I also had to drop my olive silk pants off at the cleaners. I always feel like I'm going to lose my things when I drop them off, and I'm almost as excited to pick them up as I am when I pick up my cats from the vet. That's pretty sad, isn't it.
This is my second new knit dress of the year. The waistline detailing is interesting, and it fits really well. It's one of those great staples that can be dressed up or down. I personally can't have enough of those, especially once the temps heat up.
Dress: Gap, Jacket: CK (thrifted), Shoes: Clarks, Necklace and Ring: Martin + Osa

5 comments:

  1. Aw, your poor toe! Kudos to you for finishing your workout, though! Lovely dress, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect summer look. I love knit dresses in the spring/ summer as well. I just ordered 2 more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lawdiva9:21 AM

    You look gorgeous! What a pretty dress. I never would have guessed that it was from the Gap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:31 PM

    Cute! I love this outfit. I'm just curious, what kind of job do you have? I'm a boring accountant with no fashion sense, but I've gotten some good ideas from your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work at an insurance sales office, and generally I am overdressed. O:)

    ReplyDelete