Friday, April 15

black and blue all over

There are a few items you own that make you smile every time you put them on. You congratulate yourself on purchasing perfection.
I have a few of those things. Things that I maybe hemmed and hawed over, but ended up bringing home with me, only to realize later how fabulous they really are.
That's this top. I normally wear it tucked in, like this
which looks great. But untucked, the top takes on a whole new shape. These hemlines can be tricky, and I do prefer them with a skinny pant or skinny denim, but the modern lines are stunning and very of the moment.
I have ventured into a "why not" mentality lately. I spent a good portion of my fashion life trying my darndest to stay in a neat little box with a crisp little label on top. There is nothing wrong with that, but for me personally, it takes the fun out of fashion. I like to follow my personal rules, but every once in awhile I like to break them.
I also encourage everyone (including myself) to not pass judgement on ANYthing until you try it on. Excuses = fear.
If you never take a chance, you'll never grow and you won't realize all the amazing things you're missing out on...and not just clothes, either. People ask me all the time for help with what to wear (and how to lose weight too, wow) and when I suggest something, I get met with "I can'ts" and "that won't" and so on. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard!
I think a lot of our opinions about ourselves are misconceptions and fear, really, and the best way to combat that is to just try.
Get outside the box and experience the new. It keeps life fresh. :)
Top: BCBG Max Azria, Pants: Gap, Shoes: DKNYC, Ring: Martin + Osa (RIP), Watch: Gifted

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, that blue color is perfect for you! And thanks for an encouraging post, far too many times I "stay inside the box" out of safety, so I really needed this reminder! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is very true. When someone mentions change, and then you start to help them, the gut reaction is all the excuses why they can't do the things needed to change. It's a comfort thing I suppose. Great blue top!

    ReplyDelete