Tuesday, April 19

ad out

I had a brief stint with tennis in jr. high and high school. As in, we played at the neighborhood courts a few hours every week. ;)
I'm super competitive, even in family sports, and nothing was worse than ad out, because you weren't one point behind, you were TWO points behind.
Well, that's exactly how I felt today. Behind. :( Nothing was in my favor. I hardly slept, it's insanely hot and humid even before 8am when I take my photos, and the outfit I'd planned didn't really execute as well as I had hoped.
But that's the beauty of the Daily Sophisticate, because nothing is touched up here. What I wear is what I photograph, great or not.
I don't mind the outfit necessarily, but the cardigan is a little big now. My mom will like it, I'm sure. Expect a box soon, Mama. :)

This past weekend my friends and I stopped by the Chanel cosmetics counter. I typically stick with MAC or NARS, but my friend raved about this new Chanel lip product, so I had to try it. I love it! I picked the shade "Romance" because I've been looking for a cool strawberry pink shade in a sheer texture. So even though my outfit doesn't rank a 10, my new lipstick makes me happy. :)
Skirt: LOFT, Top: Gap, Cardigan: AT, Belt: Nordstrom, Shoes: Nine West

6 comments:

  1. I really like the outfit, Sarah, and think you look great in it. I also love the new do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your hair today! And the lipstick is yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your outfit and the fit of the cardigan. I was thinking I should size up in my cardigans to prevent them from opening too much at the bottom. Then I read that you think your cardigan is a little too big. I guess small variations in fit are a matter of personal preference, though at some point a garment is clearly too big. Love the lipstick on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Susan Jane, it really depends on how it's worn. I like my cardigans more fitted over skirts or dresses. If I wore this as a tunic top over skinny pants, for example, the size wouldn't matter. In fact, I'd probably leave it unbelted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit and think you should keep that cardigan! That color is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cardigan. It's a great color, but fit is hard to judge when an item is layered. Although it looks ok to my eye. Funny, I was struggling with a white shirt and cardigan this morning and ended up changing. It felt it was "missing something" and now I see your belted version and I went "aha!" Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete