Monday, March 14

playing favorites

I have this thing about favoritism. Blame my birth order if you will, but I just do. I can remember being younger and feeling so sorry for my mom's right hand because her left hand got a ring AND a watch. I swore I'd never do that to my right hand.
Never say never.
Ask my mom or anyone else in my family, I was always a very concerned child. Even anxious. Street sweepers, playground toys, other children. Mostly other children. I was afraid of everything!
So here I am as an adult, facing my fears. Go me.
I encourage you to try a denim shirt if you haven't yet. It doesn't have to look like it came out of a John Wayne movie - in fact, it's better if it doesn't. :) I like pairing mine with skirts to contrast the ruggedness. How do you or would you wear yours?
Top: American Eagle, Skirt: JCrew, Shoes: Ann Klein, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: JCrew

3 comments:

  1. I love this combo Sarah. Good for you being creative with your outfits, that's what keeps you looking fresh, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! I have a similar Chambray shirt that I love but have trouble styling it as I have so many denim bottoms ;-) And in spite of what fashion says, I'm still not sure that's cool. But your approach is good, I'll try that too :-)

    http://www.relatable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is definitely the way to wear a chambray shirt. You look amazing!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete