Wednesday, March 30

naturally

The first day in a week that I decide to straighten my hair, it rains. But of course. It's really not that hard to do, but when my arms are so sore from a workout, it's quite a bit of effort to hold my hands over my head for 10 minutes. Fortunately a little dry shampoo and a tease comb fix a lot. I have been taking photos in the afternoon after work, so I'm not as fresh as I was first thing in the morning. Welcome to my reality. :)
I've been on the hunt for some wide leg khaki trousers ever since Ann Taylor released their early spring line. I've tried on nearly as many pair as I did denim (when I was on the hunt), and they all looked bad. There is something aging and incredibly unflattering about a pair of khaki dress pants, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
So when I decided to quit looking, I stumbled across these. They are basically denim, so naturally they fit better already.
I'm trying to like messenger bags, or cross body bags. The convenience factor is very appealing, but for some reason they actually feel in the way to me. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it. I pulled out this vintage D&B yesterday to give it a whirl at the grocery store.
This look is a more casual take on a suit, but it certainly has the same empowering vibes. I've loved blazers for as long as I can remember (I think I've mentioned begging for one for my 14th birthday?).
What clothing, accessory, or shoes make you feel empowered?
Jacket: Ann Taylor, Trousers: Nordstrom (Level 99), Top: Nordstrom, Shoes: Coach, Bag: vintage Dooney & Bourke (thrifted), Watch: Michael Kors, Ring: Nordstrom

3 comments:

  1. Love the handbag, what a great piece! And nice to see the blazer remixed with some super fab wide leg trousers. Perfect for after work errands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Hello!
    I've been following your posts lately, after finding a reference on YLF, and I'd like to say you're quite an inspiration. Every morning I search to see what you posted. Looking forward for the future posts!
    Anca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this look! It's perfect for spring. It makes me wish I had more navy in my closet. And khaki. And that awesome bag is just the perfect accessory!

    ReplyDelete