Monday, March 21

it's not that hard

It's a lot easier to plan outfits when you have actual plans for the day. At least I think so. I struggle the most on weekends when we wake up and kinda play the day by ear. But it really shouldn't be any different. Well fitting bottoms like jeans, bermuda shorts, shorts, a skirt, or a dress and simple, "easy" tops or light jackets, and comfortable shoes is not that hard to pull off any day of the week.
It's just about planning and preparation.
Bryan and I got up on the weekend and decided to run some errands. All we did was go to Costco and the grocery store, so my outfit of choice was jeans (recently swapped by Amy in Seattle!), flat-ish sandals, printed comfy top, a watch, my bag, and almost no makeup (believe it or not).
I had the opportunity to people watch at Costco, and it surprises me how many people shop in pajamas, workout clothing, or loungewear. I understand the thinking. If you're just running to the store, who cares what you wear?
I've done it, but what impressed me this weekend was that I automatically assumed things about people based on what they were wearing - even before I realized I was doing it. Now a lot of people don't care what others think of them, but to me that just says they also don't care what they think of themselves.
And on top of all of that, I just really don't want to dig through a pile of green beans with somebody who looks like they just rolled out of bed. Ew?
Great accessories cover a multitude of wardrobe blandness. A great watch and shades almost hide the fact that I'm just wearing a glorified t-shirt.
By the way, these are Bryan's sunglasses actually. I've just been borrowing them for a really, really long time. :)
Tee: Express, Cami: Old Navy, Jeans: MK (swapped), Sandals: indigo by Clarks, Bag: See by Chloe, Watch: MK, Sunglasses: Ray Ban

4 comments:

  1. That's probably one of my favorite outfits I've seen you post! It looks like something I would be comfortable in and you definitely look great in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jeans are so flattering on you! I'd wear jeans too if I looked that good in them. I am not at all comfortable with how my jeans fit me.

    It really is more difficult to plan outfits when there aren't plans for the day, I totally get that!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cute T. I also have the pet peeve of seeing people in public with loungewear and PJ's. Is it really that hard to put on a pair of jeans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog. You are gorgeous and I love your style! I'm in Houston, and getting ready to dress for the hot weather soon. :) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete