Wednesday, March 2

insta chic

I'm usually late to a trend party, but I get there eventually. :) I have several dresses that aren't necessarily work appropriate because they're on the fitted side. And really, we women with curves can't help that almost every dress APPEARS fitted even if it isn't. But anyway.
After much prodding and convincing two friends encouraged me to try the boyfriend jacket. I won't mention any names, but they rhyme with Pangie and Nana. O:)
And of course they were right. The jacket adds great structure, yet detracts from the clingy silhouette.
The shape can be tricky, but it's worth trying. I haven't worn the jacket with trousers yet, but I absolutely love it with dresses. It couldn't be more perfect. I'm a dress girl at heart, and this solution gives me so many more options.
It's getting a bit on the warm side for boots, but that darn ant is still haunting me. My foot is still red, swollen, and feels on fire. These boots are a little roomy, so I wore thin socks under them to give my foot room to breathe.
On my way home from work I got lots of stares because I was doing the ant dance in my car, and pounding my foot against the brake a little harder than normal. It itched SO.BAD!
Dress: Ann Taylor, Jacket: Express (swapped with said Nana), Boots: Dolce Vita, Necklace: Gift

3 comments:

  1. The black blazer really grounds the boots for this outfit. It's not often I see boots with a bare leg and I quite like this look. I think the blazer will look great with skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. This. That dress is utterly gorgeous! The blazer is perfect, those boots are amazing and what a beautiful necklace! You look incredible!

    I'm sorry the ant bite is still bothering you! That's awful!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete