Thursday, March 31

escape artist

I haven't had much of a theme or strategy this week, other than wearing all of my new things. In the past, I'd buy things and leave them in the closet with tags on them until I realized one day that I really didn't love it. Too late. :(
So my new "rule" is that I have to wear something new within two weeks or it has to go back. It stops me from buying because something is on sale or just a great piece to look at. A wardrobe isn't about a collection, it's about functionality, fit, and flattery. O:)
I love completer pieces. In fact I feel a little bare without one. It will be interesting to see how that closet philosophy translates in the hot summer. Speaking of weather, it has been quite pleasant lately. We got almost to the 90s about a week ago, but this past week has been below 50 some mornings, and only reaching the high 60s and low 70s in the afternoon. Perfect, I'd say. :)
Today's look is more about shapes than actual color schemes or patterns. One can get inspiration from exact looks or shapes. I love me a little cropped jacket, tunic length top, and slim bottoms like these.
In other news, I am not ready to parent. Yesterday was one of those days that I just wanted to not have cats. Abigayle is our sneaky little monster, and she got out of the house as Bryan was leaving for work. So naturally, all day she was whining to get back outside. She gets very grouchy and short with the other girls too, which causes them to be on edge and a bit demanding.
I'm hosting company this weekend too, and it seems that everywhere I look I have something that needs to get done before then.
Honestly, I really just wanted to close my eyes, plug my ears and go "Lalalalalala" till it all went away.
It didn't work.
But I'm more cheerful today and Abi is settling down so it can only get better from here. :)
Top: Gap, Pants: Gap, Jacket: Ella Moss, Shoes: Nine West "Rocha", Watch: Fossil, Cuff: Nordstrom Rack

2 comments:

  1. I really love the simplicity of this outfit! And I have a pair of similar shoes so you just gave me inspiration to a new way to wear them! I have two cats myself, but luckily our house is surrounded by a big garden and we have a cat flap so the cats basically come and go as they like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so slim and trim here. The jeans really show off your figure nicely. And I like the subtle mix of color by adding the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete