Sunday, February 20

one man show

For Valentine's Day, Bryan treated me to my favorite present: a shopping trip. I had my wishlist of things to try at several stores, so he was gracious enough to follow me around for an hour or two while I tried on a few things.
As usual, most stores and items disappointed, with the exception of Nordstrom. Of course.
Having priorities and a list, and an idea ahead of time of what I needed to implement into my closet really helped me shop with more focus. It was really my first shopping trip with a purpose in months, and I give myself an A.
Bryan gets an A+.
Friday was about the third or fourth day my office has been without water, so on one of my hourly trecks to the hotel across the street (hehe) I took a few seconds to take photos. The complex where I work has gorgeous gnarled oaks and flowering shrubs. I just always feel so silly if I get "caught" taking pictures.
Ninety percent of the time I take my own photos, and unfortunately I don't always have the luxury of spending a lot of time in front of the camera. I set the self timer and scramble and cross my fingers that a shot or two will turn out. I chicken out after a few attempts because regardless of where I take photos, I usually have an audience. :-O
Blouse: Halogen, Cardigan: Only Mine (Nordstrom), Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Me Too Oxfords, Watch: MK, Bag: See by Chloe, Nail polish: Sephora OPI "Lost Without my GPS"

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine taking my own photos in a public setting. I'm going to try it because so many bloggers do it and get great shots that way!

    You look fantastic in this, the fit in the jeans is awesome on you and I love that ruffled blouse with the stripes. Super cute!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I was at Anthropologie they had a book called "I [heart] Your Style" by Amanda Brooks. I actually ended up getting it at Borders yesterday, and it's pretty awesome. Not that you need any help in the style department, but if you happen to find that book for cheap somewhere, I'd love to hear your opinion on it. She's saying a lot of the same things I see you post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I only feel weird sometimes. I wish I could wear a sign that explained what I was doing. ;)
    Definitely Jessica, I'll check that out!

    ReplyDelete