Wednesday, February 16

brevity

I don't usually complain about things very often, especially things I have no control over, but I've become very concerned about the fact that we've had two fatal car accidents a stone's throw from my house in the past week.
For starters, the speed limit is WAY to fast on this particular street, and secondly, in order to turn left you basically have to inch out onto the street and hope no one is coming. There is a hill right at the turn so oncoming traffic can't see you and you can't see them.
I really hope something is done before someone else gets killed.
Not to be morbid, but this past year I've really been learning about the value of life and it upsets me that something like this goes on with no change. My heart goes out to the families involved.
If you can't tell by my photos it's starting to warm up here in Austin, Texas. It's been so nice in the afternoons. Yesterday I drove home with my sunroof open, shades on, Jars of Clay "Shelter" playing, and a smile on my face. Sunshine makes me happy.
Skirt: Target, Shoes: Nine West: Blouse: Halogen, Cardigan: JCrew, Watch: MK

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. That top is such a pretty color on you and I love those shoes!

    There are so many intersections and streets that are dangerous and nothing is ever done. It's terrifying sometimes. All we can do is hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the accidents. I wonder if you can start a petition to get stoplights?

    ReplyDelete